Contact me

Sunday, February 12, 2012

Anthro Knock off...sort of!

Here is the original that I LOVE:

Front
Click the photo to see the webpage with the original. 

And here is my version.


I used a 14" x 2" piece of scrap material, cut three slits almost to the top





 Tightly braid the three pieces. I taped one end to my table and braided it. 



Below is the clasp I used. 


 I threaded the braid 1/2 way through one 1/2 of the clasp with the lobster claw clasp.


Keeping the braid folded in half, I took the smaller part of the clasp and threaded the loose ends through. Folding the fabric over the straight part of the clasp, I then sewed it together. 


I then took some wire and wrapped around the sewed part to hold it together better and just because I liked how it looked!


Finished. 

                                                       






No comments:

Post a Comment