Contact me

Thursday, January 1, 2015

Haiti Mission Trip 2015- Matthew 25:40

I leave for Haiti in 15 days. I feel so excited but also anxious!!! We will be working to build another facility for homeless women and children. Last year we built a 3rd floor on an existing facility. 

These are some photos from last years trip:

These kids!! They have nothing but look how happy they are!! 

Yes, that is me in the very back!



 That smile!

 Caleb...he stole my heart


They love to get photographed! 


Those eyes.

"The King will reply, 'Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.'
Matthew 25:40




 Above is the quote I used when I returned from my first mission trip. It altered me, for the better. 

I think about how they live in 12x12 apartments and I have a 4000 sq ft home. I remember shoe-less feet and I have so many pair. The children had no toys but still they had smiles. We drove or walked in areas of Cap Haitian that were so poor. Trash in the streets, children playing in or near these piles. You see things in the news and read or hear about how bad things are around the world but until you see it for yourself you will never 'get it'. I thought I understood. But, when I saw it first hand it made me realize just how spoiled I am. 

This year I raised money to take flip flops with me to pass out. I saw many shoe-less feet and many shoes in extremely poor condition.  So, I am excited to be able to pass these shoes out to the people who need them.

God has called us to be his hands and feet. I believe I get to do just that by serving in Haiti. 

No comments:

Post a Comment