Contact me

Sunday, January 29, 2012

Book Page Wreath

Gather supplies:

Pipe insulation {you get a HUGE length for CHEAP}
Masking tape to tape pipe insulation into a circle
TONS of book pages {i used an old novel but you can use old hymn pages or any other book you have}
Scissors
Hot glue gun and A LOT of glue sticks
A chick flick and laptop


Cut a length of pipe insulation to the size you want your wreath to be. Remember to consider how much the pages will stand off to determine the finished size. I underestimated, and my wreath barely fit my door! 
I hot glued and then taped the insulation it to hold it in a circular shape.

Cover ENTIRE circle w/ book pages {my first one I didn't do this then-as you will see below} I remembered it would be visible from the inside of the front door!
There are many ways you can put the pages on. Browse the internet to see what version you like. I did mine in a cone shape.



Do as many rows as you want until you like the look of it.

The finished product:



When stored properly, the book page wreaths last a very long time. If you live in a humid climate, you may want to cover it with a clear coat spray paint. 



No comments:

Post a Comment