Contact me

Sunday, January 8, 2012

Book pages wallpaper

I have been collecting books to do this project for a while.....and today, I finished it!!!

 This is the wall before. {you can see my little helper!!}
 I took quite a few pics. This wall is in a narrow hallway, so it is hard to get good images.







I used all kinds of old books. For anyone questioning my use of the books, I am a bookseller and I know my books. I only used books of no value or that were literally falling apart. And I think re-purposing these books is better than throwing them out.
For the adhesive...I used a costly, VERY complicated method.
Watered down Elmer's glue!
I used 8 containers of it. I just dumped a bottle or two at a time into a container added some water and mixed well. I bought cheap sponge applicator brushes and went to work. This proved to be the perfect economical way to create this masterpiece. The pages remained adhered to the wall even years later with no issues. 



2 comments:

  1. very fun!!!

    thanks for linking up to Make it Monday!

    I'll be sharing your post on the Brassy Apple FB page! :)

    ReplyDelete